Spring, Texas – April 25th, 2018: Athletes from all over the world will be in town this week for the IRONMAN Texas event on Saturday in The Woodlands.
TRAFFIC IMPACT: There will be road closures and detours in place beginning around 5:00 am on Saturday morning and in place as late as 11:00 pm. Areas affected will be The Woodlands, Spring, and the the Hardy Toll road (Northern Harris County).
DETOURS & TRAVEL ROUTES:
- GROGANS MILL ROAD SOUTHBOUND (FROM NORTH MILLBEND): 7 AM to 9:30 AM – Take Lake Woodlands to Six Pines Drive, Six Pines Drive to N Millbend Road, N Millbend Road to Grogan’s Mill Road.
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND: 7 AM TO 9:30 AM– Take Lake Woodlands to Six Pines, Six Pines to Millbend Road, Mill Bend Road to Fernridge, Fernridge to S. Millbend, S. Millbend to Grogan’s Mill
- GROGANS MILL ROAD NORTHBOUND: 11 AM TO 5:15 PM – Take Woodlands Parkway to Six Pines Drive, Six Pines Drive to Lake Woodlands, Lake Woodlands to Grogan’s Mill Road.
- LAKE ROBBINS DRIVE WESTBOUND: Unrestricted until Six Pines Drive. Follow directions for Grogans Mill Road North or Southbound
- BEST LOCATIONS TO ENTER MARKET STREET: Along Lake Woodlands Drive, Six Pines Drive and Grogans Mill Road
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND TOWARDS SAWMILL: 10:55 AM TO 5:05 PM – Take Woodlands Pkwy to I 45, I 45 south to Rayford-Sawdust
- ACCESS TO WOODLANDS PARKWAY: (south of Woodlands Pkwy between Cochrans Crossing & South Panther Creek) 7 AM to 10 AM.- Take Flintridge to Cochran’s Crossing or Gosling, Take Cochran’s Crossing or Gosling to Woodlands Parkway
For more information about IRONMAN Texas, please visit Ironman.com/Texas. If you have questions in regards to road closures or impacts, contact the Ironman Texas Hotline at 281-706-1476.