The Woodlands, Texas – March 1, 2019: The Woodlands Marathon and Half Marathon will impact traffic in The Woodlands on Saturday. Expect delays around the race courses from 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM. We have compiled a list of roadways with the expected opening times along with maps detailing the race course.
Plan ahead and use alternate routes, as the streets along the race routes will have closures and contra-flow traffic in order to accommodate runners.
(Information below, courtesy of race officials.)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Traffic will be impacted from 6:30 AM-1:30 PM
- PLAN AHEAD and USE ALTERNATE ROUTES around the race course.
- Expect 15-30 minute delays if you cross into the designated center area of the racecourse.
- When leaving your neighborhood from inside the racecourse onto Flintridge or Lake Woodlands Drive, expect delays.
- Add 10-15 extra for your travel times.
- Map your own drive route prior to race day.
- Email or call with questions if you are unsure.
NOTE: Eastbound Lake Woodlands Drive will have all lanes closed between 6:30 AM -10:00 AM from Kuykendahl to Lake Front Circle. One lane will open for eastbound traffic approximately 10 AM.
Lake Woodlands westbound will have contraflow. Vehicles will be traveling east and west from Lake Front Circle will be traveling both directions – east and west.
ESTIMATED OPENING TIMES:
RACE COURSE MAPS:
For more information visit, http://thewoodlandsmarathon.com/event-details/traffic-guide/ or call The Woodlands Marathon Traffic Hotline at 346-224-1585.