Harris County, Texas – February 25th, 2018: Several inches of rainfall has fallen across Harris & Montgomery Counties. The heavy rainfall has prompted several river flood warnings as some area watersheds begin to go out of their banks.
The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has issued a flood warning for the following rivers…
- Little Cypress Creek near Becker Road
- Spring Creek near Hegar Road
- Birch Creek near Riley Road
- Three Mile Creek near 362
- Three Mile Creek near Joseph Road
- Walnut Creek near Joseph Road
- Cypress Creek near Mathis
- San Jacinto River near New Caney
- Peach Creek near Splendora
Minor flooding is occurring and is expected to continue as additional rain falls.
**Persons with interests along these streams should keep alert to rising water and take all precautions to protect their property. Do not drive or walk into flooded areas the depth and water velocity could be too great for you to cross safely. Motorists should avoid any water covered roads and find an alternate route. Livestock and equipment should be removed from the floodplain immediately. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio and your local news outlets for updated information.**