Spring, Texas – August 8th, 2017: Constant rainfall has been inundating Spring and Harris County for the last several hours. Storms continue to train over the area dropping significant rainfall in a very short period of time. A flash flood warning is in effect until 3:30 AM for Harris County and southeastern Montgomery County.
As of 1:30 AM rainfall totals are as follows:
- I-10 @ US 90 (Katy) 6.00 inches
- Cypress Creek @ Huffmeister 5.20 inches
- Cypress Creek @ N Eldridge Parkway 4.80 inches
- Spring Creek @ Kuykendahl 3.80 inches
- Cypress Creek @ SH 249 3.92 inches
- Spring Creek @ SH 249 3.68 inches
- Cypress Creek @ I-45 3.72 inches
- Cypress Creek @ Cypresswood Drive 3.64 inches
- Cypress Creek @ Inverness Forest 3.48 inches
- Spring Creek @ I-45 2.64 inches
High water & standing water on roadways is being reported throughout areas across Harris and Montgomery counties. Stay indoors, off the roadways until this system moves out of the area and the water recedes. Turn around don’t drown.
Updates as necessary.